A Nutrient-Dense Salad Recipe
It all started out wanting to be a Caesar salad. Well, sometimes things don’t end up being what they are supposed to, but instead, you get an even more delicious recipe. This raw vegan caper-dill salad recipe is delicious, and very full of nutrients.
I love this salad because it has a unique flavor and it is bursting with vitamins and minerals. It has dulse. Dulse provides minerals from the ocean and a wonderful fishy flavor without actually being fishy (see this article on why we should not consume fish). It also has capers, dill, and garlic – three flavors that go beautifully together. The miso and sauerkraut juice are great for friendly bacteria for our gut. Lastly, another star are the pumpkin seeds, which provide us with plenty of zinc and a deliciously gorgeous green color.
- 1.5 large zucchinis
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, soaked overnight
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dulse
- 1/4 cup sauerkraut juice (or water)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 bunch of dill, stems removed, finely chopped
- 6 large handfuls mixed greens of your choice
- 1/2 red onion
- Blend all dressing ingredients until completely smooth.
- Mix with salad ingredients and enjoy.
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- What I Eat in a Day: Vegan | Healthy | Simple | Satisfying - October 15, 2017
- Menstrual Cramps: 5 Surprising Steps to Reduce Menstrual Pain Naturally - October 8, 2017
- Turmeric Recipes: 3 Delicious Vegan Recipes with Turmeric - October 1, 2017