Salad dressings are always necessary in my world. And in yours too. As a reflection of their necessaity, this raw vegan Caesar salad recipe was requested in my Raw Souls Facebook group. Shoutout to my beautiful Raw Souls! (Join now, it’s free).
Firstly, this raw vegan Caesar salad recipe contains one of my favorite raw vegan salad dressings because it is so creamy, salty, and makes any romaine lettuce taste delicious. Secondly, it’s extremely quick to make because I am using pine nuts, and they do not need to be soaked. Just throw everything into the blender, and you’re good to go.
Thirdly, my other favorite part of this? I used nori sheets as “croutons”. Ok, they are not crunchy like croutons. But they provide an amazing seaweed flavor that replaces anchovies perfectly.
Lastly, I absolurely adore the presence of capers in the raw vegan Caesar salad recipe. Capers have such a unique flavor. Attention: if you are a caper hater, that’s fine. Just leave this blog now. Just kidding! Instead, you can simply use sea salt. But try the recipe as is – you might love it in combination.
Oil-Free Salad Dressings, Dips, and Sauces
And before we get to the recipe, I want to remind you to download my amazing free guide. How to make your very own recipes for oil-free salad dressings, dips, and sauces. That’s right, you won’t need me anymore very soon, because you will be able to do this all on your own. Yet ideas and inspiration are always necessary, aren’t they? I am feeling cheeky today.
And now, for the amazing recipe. A raw vegan Caesar salad recipe that will make you love dairy-free, oil-free salads. I am also using chia seeds to thicken this one (which I suggest in the Guide as one of the optional thickeners for any salad dressing recipe; there are other options too, check it out). Because chia swells up when it is surrounded by water. It is such an easy, omega-3 rich way to make your salad dressing stick to your salad greens. Which is always a good thing. Here we go.
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 nori sheet
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove (optional - I did not use it, but you can if you want it to be more authentic)
- 2 tablespoons soaked capers
- 1 medium zucchini
- Blend all ingredients until completely smooth.
- If you would like the dressing to turn out white, peel the zucchini and save the peels for a juice or put them in any other sauce, dressing, or dip.
- Chop the romaine thinly.
- Tear a nori sheet by hand and sprinkle into the romaine.
- Mix with the dressing, and sprinkle with black pepper.
- The dressing makes enough for 2 salads (2 heads of romaine), or for 1 salad if you really love plenty of dressing!
Quick, Easy & Filling Vegan Meals Online Course
Delivered Right to your Inbox & An easy to follow Grocery List