Many raw vegan desserts are extremely complicated and take forever to prepare. The cool thing about this raw vegan cherry pie is that it takes minutes to make. It is oil free, gluten free, raw vegan, and nut and seed free! And guess what? You can have the whole thing yourself!
I absolutely love having dessert before dinner, and I recommend having fruit before dinner to all my clients. This is because fruit digests very quickly, balances blood sugar, and provides a fullness feeling that prevents one from over-eating on unhealthy foods. It also really helps curb sugar cravings.
This dessert is perfect before dinner. I actually made it this weekend for some friends (1 of whom is not vegan), and we enjoyed it before our meal. They both loved it! It’s really easy to make, oil-free and low fat, digests beautifully and is basically delicious fruit in the form of dessert. I really recommend for everyone to try it.
- 50 deglet nour dates (small dates, as opposed to Medjoul)
- 5 oz dried mulberries (about 2/3 cup)
- 6-7 medium very ripe and spotty bananas, peeled and frozen
- 2 cups frozen cherries
- 2 tablespoons carob or cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Place mulberries in a food processor and break them down until crumbly. Add the dates and process until a ball of dough forms. Take the ball out and flatten it in a pie pan with your fingers. Place in freezer while you make the filling.
- Place ingredients in the blender and add just enough water to blend (start with 1/4 cup and add from there if you have trouble blending).
- Take the crust out of the freezer and flatten the filling on top of it. Place back in the freezer until ready to cut. Beware that the filling will fall apart unless you freeze it really well (4-6 hours), so you might want to make this ahead of time.
Quick, Easy & Filling Vegan Meals
Delivered Right to your Inbox