I love using coconut water for banana ice creams, smoothies, and just to drink for electrolytes. It’s so delicious and revitalizing. However, the result of this is a fridge full of large, young Thai coconuts, full of coconut meat. Thinking of ways to use my leftover produce always results in the most creative recipes. One way you can do this is by looking up flavor combinations online: “What flavor goes with coconut?” I combined coconut with curry in this delicious raw vegan curry coconut sauce. It goes perfectly with raw vegan sushi!
By this point, I’ve developed a pretty clear understanding of which flavors go together for the most part. However, I still like to check it out every once in a while, to make my recipes more creative and interesting. In raw food, it’s all about combining new and exciting flavors together.
This dipping sauce turned out truly delicious, and you can use it for salad dressing (as you’ll see in the photo), dipping sauce for veggies, and anything else you like. It’s very thick and creamy, and pretty quick to make. We used it to dip some yummy mostly raw vegan sushi rolls. To learn how to make raw vegan sushi, you can grab my sushi ebook here.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 1 small piece of turmeric root, or 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon good quality salt
- 1 small piece of jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 large roma tomatoes
- Juice of 1 lime
- Meat of 2 coconuts (that's about 2 cups of coconut meat)
- 2 Medjoul dates
- Use the coconut buddy to scoop out the meat from your coconuts, making sure to remove any hard woody bits. The brown, soft stuff is fine to eat. You can also use any other tool you like, or the back of a spoon, to scoop out the coconut.
- Place all the ingredients in the blender, and blend on high speed until completely smooth.
- Use your tamper, rather than adding water to blend completely, resulting in a thick and creamy sauce.
Quick, Easy & Filling Vegan Meals
Delivered Right to your Inbox