This raw vegan lemonade recipe is refreshing, detoxing, and great for summer. It is also wonderful for overcoming a cold quickly because it contains lemon juice and many fresh herbs. Quick and fun to make too!
Raw Lemon Juice
Raw lemon juice is antioxidant rich and has many anti-cancer properties. It is rich in Vitamin C, and essential for a functioning immune system, helps digestion (that’s a huge bonus for me, as my digestion is definitely a weak part of my body), and helps wounds heal faster.
Raw lemon juice is also amazing for healing cold and flu naturally, and very quickly. You can read my entire article on this here.
Raw Vegan Lemonade
Think of this raw vegan lemonade as a delicious green juice. When drinking this, you are tricking your body into getting a ton of healthy greens. Green herbs have incredible nutritional benefits for detoxing and cleansing the system, as well as adding minerals to your body. Despite these greens, which can sometimes be bitter, this lemonade will still taste absolutely refreshing and wonderful.
- 3 lemons or limes
- 3 oranges (or grapefruit, tangerines, or other semi-sweet citrus)
- 1 cup water (or some ice, instead)
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite natural liquid sweetener (I like maple or coconut nectar; you can also use a pinch of stevia)
- 1 handful mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender flowers
- 1 branch rosemary
- Add lemon, orange, water and sweetener to your blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Then, taste test. If it not sweet enough, you can add more sweetener.
- Add mint and pulse blend.
- Put in a glass jar, and add the lavender and rosemary.
- Enjoy immediately, or allow to sit for a little while so that the flavors can mingle.
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- What I Eat in a Day: Vegan | Healthy | Simple | Satisfying - October 15, 2017
- Menstrual Cramps: 5 Surprising Steps to Reduce Menstrual Pain Naturally - October 8, 2017
- Turmeric Recipes: 3 Delicious Vegan Recipes with Turmeric - October 1, 2017