I’ve been hiding out a bit this summer. I am working on my master’s thesis (almost done!) and when I am actually done with it, I will be free as a bird (and looking for a job…). I also worked at Seeds of Peace, and will be posting about that [food] experience shortly. Before that, here is a raw vegan low fat kale chips recipe that is just as good for you as kale itself.
Many times I see kale chip recipes that are super fatty, and basically, not that good for you… So my mom and I came up with a different recipe.
What are Kale Chips?
Kale chips are dehydrated or slightly baked kale, but flavored. It is absolutely delicious and nutritious, and is a great snack. Of course dehydrating or baking the kale definitely removes some of its nutritional content, but in no way is this snack harmful, and you still get much of the kale’s nutrients, so why not snack on this rather than regular chips?
Raw Vegan Low Fat Kale Chips Recipe
- 3 large bunches of curly kale
- 10 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- A few teaspoons of salt
- A few pinches of onion and garlic powder
- 2 cups water
- Mix all ingredients together. Be sure to first put in all your dry ingredients, and then pour water in ever so slowly.
- Each time you pour a small bit of water, mix the mixture and see if you need more water.
- You want it to be as thick as possible, but also make sure all ingredients mix together.
- First, wash your kale (save the water to water your plants!)
- Then, take all the leaves off the main stalk (save for juicing!)
- Secondly, tear kale into large enough pieces. about 6 pieces per 1 kale stalk.
- Put sauce in a large bowl and put in as much kale as will fit the bowl.
- Mix thoroughly with your hands.
- Put kale leaves on your dehydrator tray without having the leaves overlap (you can also use your oven, but try to keep the temperature as low as possible).
- Dehydrate for about 12 hours at 115F.
- If you have nutritional yeast sauce left over, mix it with some almond butter for a really yummy dip for vegetables.
Quick, Easy & Filling Vegan Meals
Delivered Right to your Inbox