This divine raw vegan mint chocolate chip ice cream is one of my favorites, and takes minutes to make. The best part about this is that you can enjoy this creation as a meal, rather than dessert. It provides you with great nutrition and flavor at the same time, just the way I like all of my food.
I remember that my favorite ice cream used to be the Twix Ice Cream. I am sure it has changed in terms of ingredients since then, as this was over 10 years ago. We would get a carton and finish it as a family of 3! We always felt so guilty eating it, and regretted it afterwards when we felt too full to move. It was a comforting treat, no doubt. But the thing is, these kinds of foods are truly numbing. They don’t allow us to FEEL because we use them to prevent ourselves from dealing with our emotions.
You can think of ice cream as that treat you have when you break up with a girlfriend or boyfriend. It comforts you in the moment, but it actually distracts you from just going and having a great cry, and then feeling a sense of relief.
What I love about healthy vegan food is that it doesn’t let you escape. Especially raw food – while it is extremely delicious, it does not have that same numbing feeling as unhealthy, heavy food. You get to enjoy great flavor, nutrients, but feel ALIVE and ready to deal with whatever the world brings on. And that is important because whatever we don’t deal with, whatever emotions with numb, turn into physical or greater emotional pain, and even disease.
So please take this raw vegan mint chocolate chip ice cream as great replacement to numbing cream ;).
This raw vegan mint chocolate chip ice cream recipe is part of my Raw Vegan Ice Creams Ebook, which contains 26 raw vegan ice cream recipes that are very easy to make, delicious, and low fat. You can grab the ebook here.
I love that this raw vegan mint chocolate chip ice cream is low fat, but still gives you that extra delicious and fulfilling power of the minty cookie dough. It is very grounding, and perhaps better saved for a special occasion since it is just a tiny bit more work than the other 25 recipes. This recipe provides 4 times the needed amount of cookie dough, unless you like more. But you can definitely make yourself extra and save it for later.
If you make any of the 26 Raw Vegan Ice Cream recipes from the ebook, be sure to post them on facebook and tag me @Soul in the Raw. You can also join our yummy conversation in the free facebook group, Raw Souls, where we talk about nutrition, health, and create wonderful community.
- 4 frozen bananas
- ¼ cup of water
- 20 deglet nour dates
- 1/4 cup dried mulberries (or replace with oats)
- 1 tbsp carob powder (or raw carob powder)
- 1 drop pure peppermint extract
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp spirulina powder
- Peel and freeze very ripe (with black spots) bananas until frozen solid.
- Blend bananas and water until a soft-serve consistency forms.
- Place dates and mulberries in the food processor and process until they break down. Add the rest of the ingredients, and process until a giant ball forms in your food processor. Take out that ball, and form it into small cookie dough balls, or any shape of your liking. The size really doesn’t matter here. Place on top of nice cream.
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- What I Eat in a Day: Vegan | Healthy | Simple | Satisfying - October 15, 2017
- Menstrual Cramps: 5 Surprising Steps to Reduce Menstrual Pain Naturally - October 8, 2017
- Turmeric Recipes: 3 Delicious Vegan Recipes with Turmeric - October 1, 2017