Typically, raw vegan pizza crusts take hours to dehydrate. Imagine yourself sitting there, drooling, and waiting! This raw vegan pizza no dehydrator needed recipe gives you the same magic, but a lot faster. It is quick, oil free, and very satisfying.
Raw Vegan Pizza No Dehydrator Needed Crust: Portobello Mushrooms
Portobellos are extremely protein rich. They have a lot of selenium, which helps in DNA repair in the body and helps the body produce antioxidants. They also contain a lot of copper, phosphorus, and potassium, iron, magnesium, manganese, calcium and zinc. And even B6 and B1! Tomer, my boyfriend (when this post was created; now partner) is a certified pizza addict. So I had to find a way to deliver his wishes, quickly.
Raw Vegan Pizza No Dehydrator Needed Option #1
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1 Portobello mushroom
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 2 inch piece of leek, sliced very thin and caramelized (in date paste and lemon juice, see below)
- 2 tablespoons mixture of spicy seeds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 cups sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup Tamari
- 3 tablespoons date paste
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Wash the mushrooms using a wet paper towel (don't put them under running water because they will become soggy - they soak liquids very quickly)
- Next, wet your fingers in a mixture of tamari, and rub the mushrooms with it.
- Soak very thinly chopped leeks in 1 teaspoon date paste and juice of 1/2 a lemon for about 30 minutes (the longer the better)
- Thinly chop bell peppers.
- Mix peppers, leeks, and spicy seeds.
- Stuff mushrooms with the above ingredients.
- soak pumpkin and sunflower seeds in water overnight.
- Drain the water in the morning, and mix seeds with tamari, date paste, and cayenne.
- The longer they are soaked in the tamari, date paste, and cayenne, the better.
- You can also dehydrate this mixture, but it is entirely optional.
Raw Vegan Pizza No Dehydrator Needed Option #2
Another option is to stuff the portobello mushroom crust with some raw cheese, raw tomato sauce, and decorate with your favorite toppings. I like chopped olives, chiffonaded basil, and cut up bell pepper.
For the raw cheese recipe, see here.
For the tomato sauce, see here.
For a cooked vegan, gluten free, fat free pizza recipe, make my eggplant pizza. It’s incredible.
Quick, Easy & Filling Vegan Meals
Delivered Right to your Inbox