Sometimes, it gets boring eating only salad. In these cases, we find great ways to get our vegetables using exciting textures and mouth feels. This raw vegan zucchini rolls stuffed with ricotta recipe is absolutely incredible. It is filled with creamy, delicious raw vegan cheese, with a satisfying tomato sauce on top.
This is a great appetizer or you can even make a meal out of it. It will surely impress your guests. Rolls are always fun to it!
Raw Vegan Zucchini Rolls Stuffed with Ricotta Recipe
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cup of your favorite nuts or seeds (here I used pumpkin seeds, but almonds work very well also)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes
- 7 Raw sun-dried tomatoes (soak them first for about 2 hours, and use the water in the recipe as well)
- A pinch of salt (skip if your sundried tomatoes contain salt)
- Spices and herbs like oregano, thyme, rosemary, and basil, to taste
- 2 cloves of Garlic (or garlic and onion powder)
- 1 Medjoul date
- 2 cups macadamia nuts (or other nuts or seeds that you like)
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- Some herbs of your choice (basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, etc.)
- Slice zucchini in half lengthwise.
- Use a mandolin slicer to slice a few thin slices of zucchini lengthwise (each roll requires 3 of them).
- Food process all Parmesan ingredients and put them on a large plate to roll zucchinis in.
- Blend all cheese ingredients and put in a small bowl.
- Blend all tomato sauce ingredients and put in another small bowl.
- Take 3 thin pieces of zucchini and roll one side of each in the Parmesan cheese.
- Then lay them flat on a cutting board, with "cheesy" side down.
- When you lay them down, slightly overlap length-wise.
- Press down the edges of each zucchini so that they stick together.
- Then put a small amount of cheese filling at one end of the zucchinis.
- To roll: with your fingers, grab all 3 zucchini ends together (on the wide side closest to you), and carefully roll them to cover the filling well.
- Then, continue rolling up your roll, just like sushi.
- Lastly, use a spoon to put about a tablespoon of tomato sauce on top of each roll.
Quick, Easy & Filling Vegan Meals
Delivered Right to your Inbox