Hey there, busy mamas and papas! I know that some of you have absolutely no time for self-care because you are super overwhelmed with work, kids, running around, ballet, soccer practice, and more…
Well, I got your back. Let’s rock that morning together! And really the whole day… I’m gonna share with you how I plan my days with max efficiency. While I do not have kids of my own yet, I do spend at least 10 hours each day on my little baby – Soul in the Raw, so I feel your lack of time. You can customize this plan to fit your own needs, and take some great tips for your own organizing strategies. Because you know what?
That is why I decided to write this post.
Self-Care In a Busy Day
So I once heard this quote. I don’t remember the exact wording but it’s something like this:
Does that surprise you?
We never want to take time out of our day for self-care, because we often think it takes too long and it’s not immediately gratifying like making a healthy meal. But honestly, it can be way more important.
I have rocked my busy days lately just because I take these 20 minutes in the morning for some self-care stuff + 30-60 more minutes for a workout, depending on my time. And these days, I literally pencil it in to my calendar.
Here’s How I Make My Daily Calendar:
Every single night, I make my calendar for the next day. I do it on a virtual sticky note on my computer, but you can do it anywhere that is comfortable for you. This is what it looks like more or less:
7-8AM spend time on Instagram
8-9AM self-care time*
10-11AM shower, make breakfast, photograph breakfast, put it up on social media
11-12AM phone meeting
12-1PM Work on planning a Raw Vegan Challenge
1-2PM spend time in my free facebook group Raw Souls, answering questions and providing support
2-4PM Work on blog post for my newsletter, schedule posts on facebook, answer emails
4-4:30PM make my green juice**
4:30-5PM spend time in facebook groups I love, providing support and tips
5-6PM make dinner for Tomer and me, watch youtube videos on social media tips while I eat
6-9PM Tie lose ends for my blog
9-10PM Prepare for bed, finish any unfinished business, listen to my bedtime meditation, use my essential oils, relax!
So this is I guess what a typical day would look like for me when I’m mostly home doing computer work. What’s important is to plan your day hour by hour, so that you have some goals and you know what it will all look like. That way, you gain a lot of control over your day and are able to actually get a ton of stuff done! Now, important notes:
*my self-care time includes putting together 3 things: oil-pulling, doing eye exercises, and listening to guided positive affirmations, all at the same time. It’s an amazing time-savor and how I am able to accomplish quite a lot in just 30 minutes.
- Oil pulling means taking about a tablespoon of organic cold-pressed coconut oil and swishing it around in your mouth for 15-20 minutes, then spitting it out. It’s great for whitening teeth, good breath, killing bad bacteria in the mouth, and helping with tooth sensitivity.
- Here’s info about the eye exercises I have started doing lately: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM8DQX-gWPE
- My favorite guided affirmations that I do at this time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpeJkCdtlOY (I do these when I am on the last part of the eye exercises, called the “focus” part. I don’t have time to do it for 30 minutes, so I just do it as long as the affirmations are playing).
**I schedule juicing in my calendar because otherwise, it will never happen! I dread it because it takes a while to do, but it’s worth it. So anything you value that you dread doing – pencil it in. It’ll actually make you do it!
That’s it – my tips for a well-organized power routine.
Please post below if you have any great tips for a wonderful, and efficient, routine!
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- Carrot Salad Recipe: Raw Vegan Caper Dill Quick & Easy Carrot Salad - July 30, 2017
- Buddha Bowl Recipe: Vegan Brussels Sprout Asian Bowl + GIVEAWAY - July 23, 2017
- Smoothie Bowl Recipe - June 30, 2017