This vegan crepe recipe will blow your mind. Not just because it is insanely delicious, but also because it takes literally minutes to make thanks to these coconut wraps.
It’s like an insanely creamy and rich dessert that looks super decadent but is actually just a quick throw-together “meal”.
I don’t know about you, but every once in a while, I get these cravings for a little night cap dessert. At first, I ignored them, thinking it was an emotional eating thing. But then I realized that I was just craving something yummy and sweet, and that’s ok!
All I had to do was find a quick dessert to make. Let me tell you a secret – I am not a dessert-maker at heart. I love making savory dishes more than anything, and my savory dishes almost always turn out perfect!
So what do I do when I am craving dessert? I find a solution that is super quick and is not even an actual recipe. A throw-together kind of thing.
This vegan crepe is just that. It consists of the pre-made coconut wrap, a caramel filling, some berries and cacao nibs.
What makes this recipe so delicious is definitely the caramel filling, which I came up with for my online course, The Effortlessly Flavorful Vegan Kitchen, where you can learn tons of other oil-free sauces, dips, and dressing, for the perfect vegan meals.
I also featured a similar caramel recipe in one of these three delicious vegan breakfast recipes.
Watch the full recipe here:
Vegan Crepe: An Oil-Free Recipe
The other thing I love about this vegan crepe is the shell. I have searched far and wide for oil-free coconut wraps, since most of them use coconut oil.
If you’re totally confused about why oil is bad for you, check out this video.
So after seeing that, I bet you are happy that I was finally able to find us some delicious oil-free raw vegan coconut wraps! These are so simple and delicious, and perfect for both savory and sweet recipes.
Let’s go and make ourselves some delicious vegan crepes with these babies, shall we?
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or replace with 2 additional dates)
- 2 medjoul dates
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 2 handfuls fresh or frozen raspberries
- Blend everything until completely smooth
- Smother caramel on one half of a flat coconut wrap. Add raspberries and cacao nibs on top, and fold in half into a triangle. Smother with more caramel, raspberries, and cacao nibs as garnish.
This delicious vegan crepe recipe has become my go-to dessert when I am having a sweet tooth. They look fancy, I know, but they actually take just a few minutes to make thanks to the coconut wraps that we will use as the crepe shells.
Make this easy and quick raw vegan caramel crepe recipe with me:
I love that vegan food can look so complicated, but be so simple and easy to make. For the filling, I made 3-ingredient caramel in the blender using my favorite sprouted almond butter, dates, and coconut sugar, which is optional. You can always use some extra dates instead of the coconut sugar, if you want to keep this recipe completely unprocessed.
I love sprouted almond butter so much because sprouted nuts and seeds, as well as beans, legumes, and lentils allow our body to absorb nutrients from them more easily. I wrote about this in more detail here.
In addition, for the wrap, I am using these delicious oil-free raw vegan coconut wraps I have found. I am so excited about these because they are the first coconut wraps I see on the market that don’t use any oil, and they are just as yummy and pliable. They are absolutely perfect for this recipe!
This is the kind of fancy dessert I like! Whenever I have a sweet tooth, I just whip this baby up in minutes for a true flavor celebration in my mouth. Alright, I shall stop tempting you, and let’s get to the recipe now.
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 2 handfuls fresh of frozen raspberries
- Blend all ingredients until completely smooth
- Smother 1 wrap with as much caramel as you'd like. Add raspberries and cacao nibs, and any other toppings you'd like, and fold over the way you like it. Usually, I just fold in half. Top with more caramel and toppings.
- Repeat another time with another coconut wrap.
Easy, Quick and Delicious Vegan Meals
For more simple and satisfying vegan meals, download my free mini-course, which contains 7 flavorful, yet super easy vegan meals to make here.
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- What I Eat in a Day: Vegan | Healthy | Simple | Satisfying - October 15, 2017
- Menstrual Cramps: 5 Surprising Steps to Reduce Menstrual Pain Naturally - October 8, 2017
- Turmeric Recipes: 3 Delicious Vegan Recipes with Turmeric - October 1, 2017